How do I close my Utility Account?

A Utility account can be closed only if the property has sold. You will need to provide proof of either, copy of your ID, forwarding address and phone #, in writing. Request to close account can be done through our online portal Citizen Self Service (CSS), via email, or in person at the Utilities Department. As a reminder, all balances are to be settled prior to closing your account either by the tenant, the owner or at the closing. All security deposits on the account will be applied only to the final balance. Any remaining balance or credit will be mailed to the forwarding address provided. Please make contact with the Utilities Customer Service Department at 954-518-9000 for your balance and security deposit information.

Show All Answers

1. How do I open a Utility Account?
2. How often will I be billed?
3. How do I close my Utility Account?
4. Where can I pay my bill?
5. Why is my bill so high?
6. Can the City come and check my property for leaks?
7. How does the City bill for water and sewer?
8. My consumption and bill don’t look right for my usual consumption. Can I have my reading verified?
9. So, I had a leak…can I request for a credit?
10. Why did the rates go up?
11. What are the rates for water and sewer?
12. I filled my pool, can I request for a credit?
13. How to apply for toilet rebate?