***Florida Building Code Seventh Edition 2020, effective on December 31, 2020***
Please note that there is a New Version of the Florida Building Code, Florida Building Code Seventh Edition 2020, effective on December 31, 2020. All forms, applications and references must state the current code on all permit application documents applied for after the effective date; see our website for current forms.
PLEASE READ-COVID-19 UPDATE-PLEASE READ
- The Building Department is currently open for business with the following changes to procedure, please see our current COVID-19 Operations.
- Permit Application and Document Drop Off, Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 5:00pm, at City Hall lobby. COVID-19 Operations.
- Permit Issuance and Document Pick up, by Appointment ONLY Clink link for procedure
- Inspections will remain Monday through Thursday, 8am-6pm Click here for Daily Inspection Time Frames
- Online permit submittals via email will save time, please see online submittal procedure.
- Additional Links
Contractor Registration and Updates
It is the objective of the Building Division to protect resident consumers in Pembroke Pines from unlicensed contractors. This is accomplished by verifying licenses, insurance, and registration requirements for contractors as required by state, county, and municipal codes. Using the Staff Directory, locate an email address of a "Permit Technician" and email the required documents ONLY.
Permit Processing & Verification
Our commitment to the residents of Pembroke Pines continues through our permit processing and verification procedures. These procedures are designed to authenticate the permits obtained for labor covered under the Building Code and using the mandatory Florida Board of Rules and Appeals guidelines to perform high-quality field inspections.
Online Submittal ProcessWe accept online submittals for residential re-roofs, water heater replacements, air conditioning replacements, electrical panel and service repairs. email@example.com is no longer available for submittals.
For more information please Learn more about online submittal
- We do not accept plans with highlighting.
- The Building Department has a new Permit Fee Schedule. Access new Fee Schedule. In Accordance with the New 2019 fee schedule, a submittal fee of $100 - $500 is required upon submittal (acceptable forms of payment include debit/credit card, check, or money order payable to CGA). A Revision fee is required upon EACH submittal (original submittal, 1st correction, 2nd correction, etc.)
For permits applied for after August 3, 2009, click the icon below: