Please be advised that in concurrence with the CDC and local and state government offices, the Pembroke Pines Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is implementing prevention and social distancing practices to mitigate the infection in relation to the coronavirus (COVID-19). It is our responsibility to prioritize the health of Pembroke Pines residents, visitors and employees. To assist in containing the spread of COVID-19, the following activities/programs will be affected:
- All organized activities and programs at City facilities – athletics, and art, music and drama classes SUSPENDED until March 31, 2020
- Mayor’s Golf Tournament (March 20) POSTPONED
- Jazz in the Pines (March 22) CANCELLED
- Pembroke Pines and Miramar Relay for Life (April 4) POSTPONED
- All activities and events after March 31, 2020 will be assessed on a weekly basis, and we will continue to update our website (www.ppines.com), and social media sites with new information as it becomes available. We thank you all for your understanding and urge everyone to follow CDC recommendations to follow best hygiene practices for preventing illness.
Effective Immediately (3/16/20) -- Passport acceptance services at the Charles F Dodge City Center location are suspended temporarily.
Effective March 18, 2020 -- The Carl Shechter Southwest Focal Point Community Center will be closing to the public and will tentatively reopen on March 30th. It will be open on Election Day March 17th, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.